About the Journal
Focus and Scope
MABASAN is a journal aiming to publish literary studies researches, either Indonesian, local, or foreign literatures. The scope of MABASAN includes linguistics, applied linguistics, interdisciplinary linguistics studies, theoretical literary studies, interdisciplinary literary studies, literature and identity politics, philology, and oral tradition. MABASAN is published by Kantor Bahasa NTB, Badan Pengembangan dan Pembinaan Bahasa, Kementerian Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan. MABASAN accepts articles from authors of national or international institutions. Authors are free of charge throughout the whole process including article submission, review and editing process, and publication.
Peer Review Process
- Reviewers will provide written feedback on the appointed time with a commitment to contribute scientific values and significance to the assigned duty, e.g. by making available the reviewer’s feedback in written documents.concerning purpose of the research and its scientific values, this is done by mitra bebestari (reviewers) in written documents.
- Reviewers will confirm whether submitted manuscripts are well-composed, concise, relevant, scientifically accurate, original, and of the journal’s focus and scope. persuasive.
- Reviewers will avoid personal comments and critics.
- Reviewers will not open communication in any form with authors except authorized by the editor. Strictly forbidden contacting the author without permission from the editor.
- In the case of being unconfident to return a review within the mutually agreed time frame, reviewers will promptly inform the editor and recommend other potential reviewers. Informing the editor as soon as possible if fail to finish the review beyond the due date and suggesting other qualified mitra bebestari (reviewers).
- Reviewers will decide the the scientific performance, originality, and the work’s scope. Reviewers should provide feedback for improvement and give recommendations of acceptance or rejection based on evaluation scale. during the rating scale.
- Reviewers will check the manuscript for its originality and ensure that there is no copyright infringement. Checking that every article is original and did not violate any copyright.
- Reviewers will notify the editors if they have conflicts of interests resulting from competitive, collaborative, or other relationships or connections with the authors, institutions, or companies related to the manuscripts. Telling the editors to be aware of conflicts may caused by the article, such as private, financial, and etc; should it happens, reviewers must find the right solution to solve it.
- Reviewers will ensure that the standards and policies applied by the journal have been appropriately adhered by the submitted manuscripts. Ensuring that the article is meeting journal’s standard.
- Reviewers will protect readers from erroneous or defective researches which might not be verifiable or able to be validated by the readers..
- Reviewers will anticipate any statements from previous relevant reports or published works without proper citing. citing the works which is relevant for other scholars.
MABASAN is published by Kantor Bahasa Nusa Tenggara Barat twice times a year, in June and December.
Open Access Policy
MABASAN provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public to supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
MABASAN is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
MABASAN published since 2007.